For avoidance of doubt, LawBase is not a law firm. LawBase is a platform designed to bridge together clients with lawyers in the most efficient way. The Company is not engaged in the practice of law.
For avoidance of doubt, the following terms are defined:
“Company”- means Law Base Group Corp.
“LawBase”- shall refer to the Company or Law Base Group Corp. The term LawBase may be spelled and shown in different variations such as “LawBase”, “Lawbase”, “LawBasePH”, among others.
“Outside Site”- means a site which has been included in the LawBase Site as a reference. This includes sites which can be seen under Law News, MCLE, among others. This may also be called “External Site”.
“Site”- means LawBaseph.com
- All references to a gender shall include all genders unless otherwise specifically stated;
- A list mentioning specific inclusions does not necessarily exclude all the other items not mentioned.
- Reference to a matter in its singular form also includes its plural form, unless otherwise specified.
- When this document makes reference to “you”, including all its forms such as in its possessive form “your” and when combined with a linking verb “you’re”, among others, it refers to the viewer of this document.
What information are collected?
When browsing the site without registering as a user, only minor data may be collected. This data collected is called the cookies, which will be discussed further below. The cookies are digital information which are kept to speed up loading time the next time a user visits the site.
This section discusses the data collected from clients who sign up as a user in the Site.
When a client engages the LawBase platform by signing up, the client consents to the collection of his basic personal data such as: full name, email address, contact number, and address. Client also accepts that when he signs up via Google or Facebook, he allows both Google and Facebook to collect further data which may not pertain to anything in relation to the Company or the Site. For more details, please visit their privacy policies as follows:
*Please note that the Privacy Policies of Google and Facebook may change regularly or that the links may change without notice to us. If the links change, you may always find their Policies in their webpages.
This section discusses the data collected from lawyers who sign up in the Site. This includes all capacities: Notary Public, Lawyer, and Lawyer Premium.
When a lawyer registers to be part of the LawBase platform, he consents to the collection of his personal data, sufficient to determine his identity and competence as a lawyer. Some of the basic data collected include: full name, email address, contact number, address, Integrated Bar of the Philippines Roll No., year of admission to the Philippine Bar, among others.
Please take note that some data will be verified with external sources such as the Integrated Bar of the Philippines or the Supreme Court.
Aside from Google and Facebook as discussed above, please take note that some payment methods may be done with payment providers.
PayPal is a payment provider and you consent to the use of their facilities for payment on certain matters.
Unless otherwise stated, your data will be stored for a period of five (5) years from the beginning of your registration.
At any point, you may request us to delete your data or correct your data.
Our disclosure of your information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We may also share your personal information to:
1. Third parties to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and Customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. These third parties will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you’ve requested their services.
2. Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and Customer support).
3. Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
4. Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties in response to a request for information relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other Lawbase user to legal liability. The personal information we disclose may include your User ID and User ID history, name, address, telephone/mobile number, email address, fraud complaints and bidding and listing history or anything else that we deem relevant.
5. Other agencies in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate, either under confidentiality agreement or as required by law. In such circumstances, we may disclose name, street address, city, postcode, country, phone number and email address.
No spam, spyware or spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam, spywares, or any other malicious wares, programs, or codes (“Malware”). We will try our best to ensure that the website remains free from Malwares and the like. Should the website get compromised, we will endeavor to rid the Site of the Malware. Make sure to set your Site communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer.
Your information is stored on our servers. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use tools encryptions, passwords, technical and physical security to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. You are responsible for protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
We assume that once a user will login, the said user correspond to the correct person. If someone has hacked your account, please contact us immediately so we can verify and conduct the proper process to recover your account.
For comments or requests, please email [email protected]